Friday 14 June 2013

Immediate threat to my life -Ginger hotel using goondas to intimidate me in the hotel lobby

I have been threatened by three men in the Ginger Hotel lobby, one of whom called himself Umesh Sharma.

Two men in civilian clothes claiming to be lawyers and identifying themselves as Suvrat Singh Tomar and as Sharad Kochhar both with Delhi Bar Council numbers 2852/2008 and 734/09 were also threatening me. 

All these men threatened me in front of the SHO Manoj Kumar. 
 
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: seema sapra <seemasapra@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 5:44 PM
Subject: RE: Attempt to murder General Electric whistleblower in Ginger hotel and concomitant harassment and victimization
To: Ahm Delhi-VivekVihar <ahm.delhi-vivekvihar@gingerhotels.com>, "acp-vivekvhr-dl@nic.in" <acp-vivekvhr-dl@nic.in>, "sodcpeast@gmail.com" <sodcpeast@gmail.com>, "sho-vivekvhr-dl@nic.in" <sho-vivekvhr-dl@nic.in>, seema gmail <seema.sapra@gmail.com>, "krishnandayan@gmail.com" <krishnandayan@gmail.com>


Mr Manoj Kumar, 

I have been trying your number but you are not answering, Your staff told me that the Ginger hotel manager was at the police station and had met you. 

I am waiting for you to come to the ginger Hotel. 

Seema Sapra 


From: seemasapra@hotmail.com
To: ahm.delhi-vivekvihar@gingerhotels.comacp-vivekvhr-dl@nic.insodcpeast@gmail.comsho-vivekvhr-dl@nic.inseema.sapra@gmail.comseemasapra@hotmail.com
Subject: Attempt to murder General Electric whistleblower in Ginger hotel and concomitant harassment and victimization
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 11:44:41 +0000

To the Vivek Vihar SHO, Arijit Gupta, to the Police Commissioner and to the Registrar General of the Delhi High Court and to all others, 

Yesterday the police team on the spot had asked the hotel for copies of all CCTV recordings for cameras placed outside the rooms I have occupied. I had also requested a copy then and had been assured it would be given to me. 

Last night I had again asked Arijit Gupta in the presence of the SHO for a copy of the CCTV recordings and was told by Mr Arijit Gupta that these would be provided to me the next day. He stated that he had asked the technicians to come to the hotel for this purpose. 

It is now almost 5 pm the next day, and the CCTV recordings have neither been provided to the Police or to me. 

I have requested Mr Arijit Gupta to tell me by when I can get a copy of these CCTV recordings and he has told me that he will call back with this information in 15 minutes. 

It is surprising that Arijit Gupta has left the hotel with some three men leaving me sitting in the hotel lobby. 

I just spoke to Arijit Gupta and he is now telling me that there will be a delay in getting the CCTV recordings because he needs to get access codes from Mumbai. This statement appears to be false. 

Seema Sapra

On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 4:46 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
To Mr Arijit Gupta, 

This is to record that upon coming down from my room, I met you and Prasanta Patra in the lobby. I told you that I was waiting for your reply on email. 

There are a few other things that I would like to bring to your notice. 

1. Last night, my calls to the reception at around midnight went unanswered. 

2. This morning, after I sent the emails to you, I felt dizzy and light-headed in my room,. In addition, my head hurt. I quickly took a shower and decided to leave the room. I am certain that some fumes/ chemical was again introduced into my room. 

3. Sitting in the lobby, I am feeling fine. 

4. You have not replied as to who called my room this afternoon after I sent the emails. 

5. I will inform you about my departure date after discussing the matter with the Police. 

6. I want complete CCTV recordings for all CCTV cameras near each room that I occupied during the duration of my stay. When can I get these? You have confirmed that you will be providing these to me. 

7. I want to know if the hotel had received any specific instructions from the Police after I had met the SHO Vivek Vihar and the ACP Amit Sharma..What did the hotel do to comply with these instructions. I know for a fact from the incident with your staff last night, that the keys to my rooms and to other adjacent rooms were available to several low-level staff including to security guards posted outside the hotel. 

8.I want a full list of all hotel and contract staff who have entered hotel premises for the full duration of my stay. Please also mention dates and timings. 
 
9.I will be paying another advance of Rs. 6000 right now. After this I propose to go out and will return to the hotel in the evening. I also intend to meet the SHO, the ACP and the DCP for the area.  

Seema Sapra 


  


On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Seema Sapra <seema.sapra@googlemail.com> wrote:
To All, 

Yesterday morning I smelt acidic fumes in my room which made me breathless and resulted in a cough with mucus. I called the Police and the Vivek Vihar SHO and a police crime branch team arrived. This investigation is not over as I am still to give a detailed statement to the Police. I was told that I would be provided a copy of the CCTV recordings covering my room door for the entire period of my stay at Ginger hotel. 

I told the SHO that I would move to another room but if anything else happened again, I would check out. 

Last night, I wanted to shift to another room, and Ginger hotel staff (Mohit Sharma and Himanshu Gupta) acting presumably on instructions of senior management lied to me that they did not have the floor keys and also lied that these keys were in the possession of a contract security guard.  I was also offered room 505 which was lying open when I went up to it with a staff member.

I finally shifted to a new room after I called the police again last night and the SHO and a PCR van arrived. 

I am still in my room, and have received this email below, basically asking me to vacate. 

For the record, I had not notified a departure date. I had earlier been told by Prasanta Patra that the hotel might be fully booked from 20 June 2013. 

Needless to say, I will be giving a full statement to the Police and filing it in court. 

Seema Sapra  


On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Ahm Delhi-VivekVihar <ahm.delhi-vivekvihar@gingerhotels.com> wrote:
Dear Madam,

Greetings!

Further to the departure date of yours, we would like to send you the invoice of you till tomorrow. Would request you to advise the departure time in order to ensure the smooth departure.

Please note that we are fully booked for tomorrow, hence it’s really not possible from our end to extend the stay.

Thanking you,

Best Regards,

Prasanta Patra
Asst Hotel Manager
Ginger Delhi-Vivek Vihar
Plot No.C, DDA Community Centre
Opp. East End Club, Vivek Vihar
New Delhi-110095
011-66663333
Email signature.jpg



‘The Best Value Hotel in India’: Lonely Planet Magazine Awards, 2012 , 2013
Data Quest Award for " Leadership in Business Technology" -2013
‘Best Budget Hotel’ : Outlook Traveller Awards 2010,2011, 2012 , 2013
TAAI Awards 2012 : "Best Hotel in Budget / Value segment" Award
'SCURRY' Award for Creating New Market / Category : LeapVault Change Leadership Awards 2010
CNBC Travel Awards 2008 -2009 : "Best Budget Hotel" Award
‘Hotel of the Year – Economy Hotel’ : Golden Star Awards 2010, 2011,2012, 2013
SATTE 2008-09 : “ Most successful bench-markers award” – Budget Hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment